India is going up against Bangladesh in the 17th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 on October 19 at Pune’s MCA Stadium. India has been doing great, winning all three of their previous matches against Australia, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Bangladesh, on the other hand, has won only one match against Afghanistan and lost to England and New Zealand.
India’s team has been excellent in all aspects of the game. Their top order, middle order, and bowlers are all performing well. Captain Rohit Sharma has been a standout with two centuries and a fifty in three innings. Other players like Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, and Ishan Kishan have also contributed with good scores. Their bowlers, led by Jasprit Bumrah, have taken wickets regularly. Players like Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, and Kuldeep Yadav have also been impressive.
Bangladesh, on the other hand, has been inconsistent, especially in batting. They have struggled to score more than 250 runs in their losses. Captain Shakib Al Hasan has been their key player, both with the bat and ball. Other players like Mushfiqur Rahim, Litton Das, and Mahmudullah have also chipped in, but the rest of the team’s batting has been disappointing. Their bowlers, particularly Mustafizur Rahman, have performed decently.
The match will take place at a pitch in Pune known for being good for batting, and the team winning the toss will likely choose to bat first. The weather is expected to be clear and sunny with no rain.
India has a strong track record against Bangladesh and is in good form. They have won 31 out of 37 ODIs against Bangladesh, including their last five meetings. India has a balanced team without any major injury concerns. Bangladesh will need an exceptional performance to challenge India, and they might consider bringing in some new players to strengthen their team.
The match starts at 2:00 PM local time and will be broadcast on Star Sports Network and Hotstar in India, and on Gazi TV and Rabbitholebd in Bangladesh.
Team Performance in the World Cup So Far
India has been off to a remarkable start in the tournament, securing three consecutive victories. In their most recent match, they triumphed over arch-rivals Pakistan by 7 wickets. As a result, they currently sit in the second position on the World Cup points table.
On the other hand, Bangladesh has won one and lost two matches in the World Cup 2023. Their sole victory came in the opening match against Afghanistan, placing them sixth on the table.
MCA Stadium: A Cricketing Hub
The MCA Stadium, located in Pune, has established itself as a renowned cricketing venue. It hosted its first One Day International (ODI) in 2013, featuring India and Australia. Since then, the stadium has witnessed a total of 7 ODIs.
With a seating capacity of approximately 37,406 spectators, this stadium has become a favorite among cricket fans.
The MCA Stadium is known for offering a batting-friendly wicket, as evidenced by historical data. Out of the 7 ODIs played here, 4 have been won by the teams batting first. The pitch tends to slow down as the match progresses, making it an advantage to bat first after winning the toss.
The average first innings score at this venue is an impressive 307. A notable high-scoring contest between India and England in 2021 saw India setting a target of 329 runs, with England managing 322/9 in 50 overs.
Key Records at MCA Stadium
- Highest Team Score: India posted a monumental 356/7 against England in 2021, marking the highest team score at the MCA Stadium in ODIs.
- Lowest Team Score: During a bilateral ODI series in 2017, New Zealand struggled and posted a total of 230/9 against India, which remains the lowest team score at this venue.
- Highest Individual Score: England’s Johnny Bairstow starred in an ODI against India in 2021, remaining unbeaten at 124 while guiding his team to a memorable chase of 337 runs, making it the highest individual score at the MCA Stadium.
- Best Bowling Figure: Jasprit Bumrah’s remarkable performance in 2018 against West Indies, where he took 4/35, holds the record for the best bowling figure in ODIs at this venue.
- Top Run-Scorer: Indian skipper Virat Kohli stands as the leading run-scorer at the MCA Stadium in ODIs. Kohli has amassed an impressive 448 runs in seven innings, featuring two centuries and three fifties, with an outstanding average of 64.
- Leading Wicket-Taker: Bhuvneshwar Kumar has been the most successful bowler in ODI matches at the MCA Stadium, claiming 10 wickets in just six innings.
Latest CWC 2023 Predictions and Betting Odds
According to Dafabet’s odds, the current form and historical records suggest that India is the favorite to extend their winning streak in this upcoming clash. India’s betting odds stand at 1.11, while Bangladesh’s odds are at 7.40.
As the cricketing world eagerly awaits this clash between India and Bangladesh at the MCA Stadium in Pune, the stage is set for another thrilling encounter in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. Cricket fans can expect high-scoring action and a contest that may shape the course of the tournament.